Dominik Szoboszlai is being linked with a possible move to Real Madrid, and the midfielder underlined his quality during Liverpool's FA Cup win over Brighton on Saturday

Dominik Szoboszlai celebrates against Brighton(Image: Getty Images)
Dominik Szoboszlai once again demonstrated his quality as Liverpool brushed aside Brighton in the FA Cup over the weekend.
The Hungary international has arguably been the Reds' best player this season, and he scored his 10th goal of the campaign in all competitions against the Seagulls. Although his goal was a brilliant one, arguably even more impressive was a remarkable pass during the first half when he drilled a pinpoint long ball to Mohamed Salah to create a dangerous attack out of nothing.
It was the latest highlight in a season that has undoubtedly been Szoboszlai's most impressive – on an individual level – since joining the Reds.
READ MORE: Liverpool's $83M star is 'pretty close' to Steven Gerrard as huge claim madeREAD MORE: Real Madrid star Vinicius Jr names Liverpool player who he speaks to 'a lot'Szoboszlai's showing against Brighton was a reminder of why Liverpool must do all it can to try and tie the midfielder down to a fresh contract on Merseyside.
The 25-year-old's current deal is due to expire in 2028, and there have been suggestions recently that he could be on the move to Real Madrid in the next couple of years – particularly after recent comments made by Hungary boss Marco Rossi.
"Real Madrid has always been his (Szoboszlai's) dream," Rossi was quoted as saying by the Spanish outlet MARCA.

Szoboszlai was on target again in Liverpool's FA Cup win over Brighton(Image: Getty Images)
The national team boss said that he knows that because of the "very close and direct relationship" that he has with Szoboszlai.
"I absolutely don't rule out the possibility of him staying at Liverpool and renewing his contract there, especially because he's highly valued within the club," Rossi added.
"He's a very important player for Liverpool. And Liverpool is one of the biggest clubs in the world."
Meanwhile, Szoboszlai gave an update on where he stands in contract negotiations with Liverpool last month.
"There is always progress, but no decision has been made, and I'll just keep on going every week, every training, giving my best for the team, for the fans," Szoboszlai said.
"Let's see what is going to happen in the future. There are always talks.
"You guys in the media make a lot for the (public) and you keep on going because that's your job. But there has been talks, but for sure not any decision has been made.
"Of course, I am happy here, but you know how football works and that is something everybody has to take into account."

3 hours ago
1








English (US) ·