Mohamed Salah has already been told he's perfect fit for Saudi Pro League team

2 months ago 13

Mohamed Salah has been tipped as an ideal addition to Al-Hilal, amid escalating rumors of a January move to the Saudi Pro League.

The striker's future at Liverpool has been cast into uncertainty following his explosive remarks after Saturday's 3-3 draw with Leeds. Despite not playing, the Egyptian gave a blistering post-match interview where he criticized both the club and manager Arne Slot.

Salah alleged that his relationship with Slot had completely deteriorated and accused Liverpool of using him as a scapegoat for the team's recent dip in form. Speculation about Salah moving to the Saudi Pro League has been rife for some time.

His contract extension in April seemed to quell these rumors, but the possibility of a transfer appears to be back on the table. Al-Hilal, previously rumored to have contemplated a bid for the 33-year-old, is thought to be a leading contender for his signature.

Former Al-Hilal manager Jorge Jesus' comments indicate that they would gladly welcome Salah. "I would like to have Salah at Al-Hilal, he has a way of playing that fits the team," Jesus stated in February this year.

Just weeks prior, he had suggested that while Salah wouldn't be joining them in January, a future move could be on the cards. "Mo Salah or other big players will not come this winter. But maybe for next season," he said.

Salah trained with Liverpool on Monday

Salah trained with Liverpool on Monday

Al-Hilal is on the hunt for a marquee forward following Neymar's exit earlier this year, and Salah has long been considered an ideal candidate.

He would find a familiar face at Al-Hilal in the form of former Liverpool striker Darwin Nunez, who made the move to the club over the summer. The team also boasts former Manchester City full-back Joao Cancelo and ex-Chelsea center-back Kalidou Koulibaly.

But since Jesus declared his interest in Salah, there has been a managerial shake-up at the club, with former Inter Milan coach Simone Inzaghi stepping in over the summer. Jesus has since relocated to Al-Nassr and may try to entice Salah to join him there.

Such a transfer would set up an exciting prospect for Salah and football fans worldwide, potentially allowing him to play alongside not only Cristiano Ronaldo but also former Liverpool colleague Sadio Mane.

However, competition for spots would be intense, with former Bayern Munich winger Kingsley Coman and ex-Chelsea forward Joao Felix also part of the squad.

Based on his recent remarks, battling for a starting position might not appeal to Salah.

The two-time PFA Player of the Year described being left out of the starting line-up for three matches as "not acceptable," asserting that his standing at Liverpool should exempt him from having to prove his worth every week.

Salah's explosive remarks have cast doubt over his future at Liverpool. While the club remains hopeful that a reconciliation with Slot can be achieved, if that proves impossible, a January exit – whether on loan or permanently – appears increasingly probable.

Story Saved

You can find this story in  My Bookmarks.Or by navigating to the user icon in the top right.

Read Entire Article