Alexis Mac Allister is being linked with a shock transfer to Manchester United in the summer, which would make him the first player to make such a move since 1937

Liverpool midfielder Alexis Mac Allister is being linked with Manchester United(Image: 2026 Getty Images)
There have not been any conversations involving Manchester United and Alexis Mac Allister over a shock transfer from Liverpool to Manchester United.
That's the latest claim from transfer guru Fabrizio Romano, who said he is not aware of "anything concrete" in the speculation linking Argentina star Mac Allister with a move to Old Trafford. It was reported by the Daily Mirror on Monday that Mac Allister was a surprise inclusion on United's list of midfield targets ahead of the summer transfer window.
The Red Devils are set to enter the market for reinforcements in the center of the park, with new faces required in the wake of the news that Casemiro will leave the club when his contract expires at the end of the season.
READ MORE: How Liverpool's 7 loan stars are faring as Harvey Elliott revival proves short-livedREAD MORE: Jurgen Klopp's agent reveals Chelsea and Man Utd approaches after Liverpool exitCarlos Baleba, Elliot Anderson and Adam Wharton are also said to be on United's list of targets, but it is the inclusion of Mac Allister on the reported shortlist that has raised the most eyebrows.
Not since 1964 has a player moved directly between Manchester United and Liverpool – when Phil Chisnall swapped Old Trafford for Anfield – and it was even longer ago that a player moved in the opposite direction.
Ted Savage was the last player to join United from Liverpool, in a transfer that took place all the way back in 1937.

Mac Allister joined Liverpool in 2023(Image: MI News/NurPhoto)
Judging by Romano's latest comments, that could remain the case beyond this summer, with a move to United for Mac Allister not on his radar.
"At the moment, I'm not aware of anything concrete of strong in terms of links between Manchester United and Mac Allister," he said.
"Man United will be busy in the summer. Man United will be really busy with that position - could be one, could be two midfielders.
"It could be really interesting, but before they decide who they want, there are two main points to clarify: whether they play in the Champions League next season, which will influence their budget, and who will be the manager - Michael Carrick or other candidates.
“Man United will not decide in February. Among the names, there's Elliot Anderson, Carlos Baleba, who was a top target under [Ruben] Amorim, Sandro Tonali, and others.
"At the moment with Alexis Mac Allister, there is nothing really advanced, concrete, or starting in terms of conversations."
Mac Allister's father recently addressed his son's future while speaking to Win Win, saying that he is happy at Anfield.
"What I can say at the moment is that Alexis is focused on Liverpool and the current season," Mac Allister Snr said earlier this month. "Alexis is very happy and very comfortable with Liverpool.

2 hours ago
24








English (US) ·