Nicolas Jackson will still push for a move away from Chelsea to Bayern Munich, football.london understands.
The 24-year-old striker was summoned back to west London on Saturday afternoon, just as he was about to seal his loan move to the Bundesliga champions, due to an unexpected hamstring injury suffered by Liam Delap during Chelsea's 2-0 victory over Fulham.
But football.london understands Jackson's camp will remain in Munich on Sunday in the hope a move can be revived.
Meanwhile, it has been reported that Chelsea are considering a swoop for Sporting Lisbon's Conrad Harder before Monday's transfer deadline, with the 20-year-old Danish international seen as a possible backup plan.
Jackson was reportedly livid with Chelsea's sudden change of heart, which came shortly after head coach Enzo Maresca confirmed that Delap would likely be sidelined for six to eight weeks.
Earlier in the day, an agreement had been reached for the Senegalese international to move for an initial £13million loan fee, with an option for Bayern to make the deal permanent for £52m. Bayern's sporting director Max Eberl confirmed on Saturday evening that Chelsea had recalled Jackson.
This article contains affiliate links, we will receive a commission on any sales we generate from it. Learn more
"Chelsea informed us that they would like the player back after we agreed yesterday," he said following his team's 3-2 win against Augsburg. "The situation now is that the lad is here in Munich, but we are sending him back."
Jackson, who hasn't featured for Chelsea this campaign, had been informed he wasn't part of Maresca's blueprint after the arrivals of Delap in a £30m deal from Ipswich and fellow forward Joao Pedro for £60m from Brighton.
With Delap's injury setback and Saturday's confirmation that Christopher Nkunku had departed for AC Milan in a £36m transfer, Pedro emerged as Maresca's sole available striker.
The Brazil international stands as the club's joint leading marksman this term with two strikes in his opening three Premier League appearances, having nodded home the breakthrough goal in the west London derby triumph.
"I'm very happy to help the team and I'm really pleased to start in this way," he told Chelsea's club website.
"There is a lot of work to do though, it's very early in the season, and I know I need to keep working hard to keep helping the team.
"We're really happy with the start to the season we've made and it gives us something to build on. We came into this game with a lot of confidence after a good win (5-1 against West Ham) but credit to Fulham, they made it difficult for us.
"It was very difficult for us in the beginning, especially in the first half, but we kept fighting, worked hard and got the rewards in the end. In the second half, I thought we played very well as a team and deserved the victory."
Want to keep up to date with the breaking and important Chelsea stories whilst on the move? Well now you can!
Click this link to follow the football.london Chelsea WhatsApp channel, where you'll be kept up to date on the latest Blues news wherever you are.
Just remember to turn on the notifications once you've followed, and you won't miss a beat!